California Business Portal

What licenses do I need to operate my food-related business?

Please use this Quick Start Guide for restaurants and bars from the Business Portal.

For additional help, please use our online permit assistance tool, 
CalGOLD. Once there, select your location and food manufacture, then click search; results will be sorted by local, state, and federal jurisdiction.
For food booth operator permits: please locate and contact your Local County Environmental Health Department, as you may need to obtain food handler card, a mobile food booth operator permit, or other food related permits depending on the County. You may locate the department by searching your county name followed by “Environmental Health Department”. 


Did you find this article helpful?

Haven't found what you're looking for, send us an email