California Business Portal

My corporation is not doing business; does it have to pay the minimum franchise tax?

Yes, if your corporation is incorporated in or is qualified to do business in California, you must file a tax return and pay the minimum franchise tax. However, if your corporation is not qualified and not doing business in California, then we do not require you to file a tax return or pay the minimum tax.

Did you find this article helpful?

Haven't found what you're looking for, send us an email