California Business Portal

How do I properly identify my corporation when dealing with the Franchise Tax Board (FTB)?

All contacts with FTB should include both: 
  • The seven-digit California corporation number assigned by the California Secretary of State (SOS) or FTB.
  • The nine-digit Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
Include the exact legal name of the corporation as incorporated or qualified to do business with the SOS, along with the name and telephone number of the person we should contact if we have any additional questions.

Did you find this article helpful?

Haven't found what you're looking for, send us an email