California Business Portal

How do I request copies of filed business entity documents, or a Certificate of Status or a Certificate of Filing?

Copies and certificates can be obtained by submitting a request to the California Secretary of State's (SOS) Sacramento office either in person (drop off) or by mail.

For detailed information about copy and certificate requests, please refer to the Information Requests on the SOS website:

Did you find this article helpful?

Haven't found what you're looking for, send us an email